Anglesea Medical's principal concern is, and always will be, the health of patients who visit our practice. A high level of trust and confidentiality is required to ensure the confidence of the patients we serve. This is particularly true in a small community.
We recognise that the information we collect is often of a highly sensitive nature and as an organisation, we have adopted privacy compliance standards to ensure that patient’s personal information is protected.
As an overview, patients can be assured that:
- your privacy will be protected when visiting Anglesea Medical
- we will make every effort to ensure that the information collected and retained in our records about you is correct and up-to-date, and that you can access your information for review
- when you register as a patient of our practice, you provide consent for our GPs and practice staff to access and use your personal information so they can provide you with the best possible healthcare. Only staff who need to see your personal information will have access to it.
- our practice will need to collect your personal information to provide healthcare services to you. Our main purpose for collecting, using, holding and sharing your personal information is to manage your health. We also use it for directly related business activities, such as financial claims and payments, practice audits and accreditation, and business processes (e.g. staff training)
- your personal information is stored electronically by our practice, unless impractical to do so
- Incoming information from other providers is imported or scanned into your electronic file and any paper copies are securely destroyed
- your personal information is stored electronically by our practice. Incoming information from other providers is imported or scanned into your electronic file and any paper copies are securely destroyed
- our practice stores all personal information securely. All doctors, nurses and administration staff sign confidentiality agreements upon engagement and our computer system is protected by firewalls, anti-virus/spam filters and is password protected on several levels. Any hard copy materials are kept in secure locations.
Privacy and our website
angleseamedical.com.au is an online information website, consisting of information services, content, links and other internet resources.
When you visit our website, our Internet Service Provider/Hosting Provider will record your server address, domain name, the date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and the information downloaded. The information is used for statistical and web site development purposes only.
The Personal Information we collect on you
Information is collected to help us:
- Fulfil your request
- Understand the number of hits the website receives
- Keep track of the domains from which the site is accessed
- Determine what our users are interested in
- Ensure that as far a practical, our website and applications are compatible with the browsers and operating systems used by most of our users
- Support strategic development
The circumstances under which we disclose information about you
It is our policy not to sell or pass on any personal information that you may have provided to us unless we have your express consent to do so. An exception to this is where Anglesea Medical may be required by law to disclose certain information. We will preserve the contact of any email or secure message that you send us if we believe that we have a legal requirement to do so.
Linking to and from this site
The existence of external links on our website shall not be construed as Anglesea Medical’s endorsement, sponsorship, approval of, or affiliation with, another person unless the party providing the relevant link is authorised in writing to do so. If you access this site via an external link, you do so at your own risk. While information and third party information contained on this sire has been presented with all due care, Anglesea Medical does not warrant or represent that the information or third party information will remain unchanged after the date of publication and is free from errors or omissions. It is your responsibility to make your own investigations, decisions and enquiries about the information retrieved from other internet sites.
Changes to this statement